> Brewpub Grub: Chicken Andersoni, Kimo's Sports Bar, Richland WA

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Chicken Andersoni, Kimo's Sports Bar, Richland WA

Sitting in the patio watching a serene Columbia River drift by, I order a pasta dish called Chicken Andersoni. I don't know what that means, but I'm intrigued and I like pasta. The Andersoni is wheat penne with mushrooms and chicken, covered with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. You can choose the alfredo or marinara sauce: I chose alfredo. The plate also came with a tasty Yukon potato soup.
Chicken Andersoni
The plate arrived with lots of chicken to satisfy the appetite. The pasta was aldente perfect and went well with the tender chicken. The two melted cheeses added a creamy texture to the pasta and played nicely with the zingy alfredo. If you want a pleasing pasta meal the next time you are in Richland, think about asking for the Andersoni.

For my brew, I chose the Hickory Smoked Porter, which is made on site by the Rattlesnake Brewing Company. The porter came as a medium bodied beer and reminded me more of a stout than a porter. It had a pleasant burnt and smoky taste to it and was enjoyable to drink.

Kimo's Sports Bar

Yes, it's a sports bar, but you can have a very pleasant dining experience sitting on the outside patio along the Columbia River. After dinner you can stroll along Columbia's banks as the sun goes down.

Open Daily: 11am
Happy Hour: 4-6pm

2696 N. Columbia Center Blvd.
Richland, WA 

509-783-5747

No comments: