> Brewpub Grub: El Cubano Roast Pork Sandwich, 21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco CA

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

El Cubano Roast Pork Sandwich, 21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco CA

Dinner time in downtown San Francisco and I'm sitting in 21st Amendment Brewery. What a great name for a brewpub: 21st Amendment!

Hunger told me that I wanted basic. Nothing more. Looking over the menu, my eyes centered on El Cubano.  This sandwich is a panini pressed French roll stuffed with roast pork, Black Forest ham, Swiss cheese, mustard, and sliced pickles. El Cubano comes with a heaping pile of fries and a small serving of salad.


El Cubano Roast Pork Sandwich
To give you a better idea of the amount of meat in El Cubano, I opened the sandwich for another view. See the photo below. Loaded with the pile of pork and ham, biting into sandwich, one had a mouthful of serious meat. Together with the crispy, toasted French roll, crunchy fries and a salad, dinner on this January night in San Francisco was a happy occasion.


El Cubano Opened

For my beer, I ordered the Hop Crisis. As you may guess from the name, this is a strong, robust IPA, in keeping with Pacific Northwest IPAs. With the focus on the hops, the Hop Crisis came across as a strong, sweet and hoppy cousin to the traditional IPA. Along with the mound of meat and fries, this was one heavy meal.


The brewpub crowd looked to be regular, loyal patrons that know the pub well and enjoy returning to a sure thing. Although in downtown, the pub had the ambience of a neighborhood bar. If I worked in downtown San Francisco, I could see myself stopping by for a brew once or twice a week before boarding the BART on my way home.

You can easily get to 21st Amendment taking BART. Check out Beer By Bart, exiting at the Montgomery Station. The walk  is a short and pleasant one from the station.






Monday - Thursday: 11:30am to 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am to 1:00am





Sunday: 10:00am to 12:00am

http://www.21st-amendment.com/

563 2nd Street
San Francisco, California, 94107
415-369-0900

No comments: