> Brewpub Grub: Sausage, Onion, & Mushroom Pizza, Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom, Hood River OR

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sausage, Onion, & Mushroom Pizza, Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom, Hood River OR

On our way to Yakima, my wife and I stopped at Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom in Hood River, OR. We arrived just before lunch and had plenty of seating from which to choose. Ten minutes later, the taproom was packed. These Hood River DM patrons are a loyal bunch.


I ordered the weekday 10 inch Sausage, Onion and Mushroom pizza lunch. This pizza was one of the most pleasing pub pizzas I have had the gustatory satisfaction of eating. The pizza arrived with a thin New York-style crust with Viande sausage. The sausage for their pizzas is handmade by the Chop Butchery in Northwest Portland and is delicious. Baked in a 650-700 degree brick lined oven, the pizza comes to the table as an eye pleasing, colorful meal, with slightly burnt edges to give the pizza that wonderful New York-style crunch. With the savory sausage, onions, and cheese, the pizza proved to be a filling and delicious lunch time meal.


Sausage, Onion, Mushroom Pizza


For my brew, I chose the Sacre Bleu, a formidable, thick, dark stout. The Sacre Bleu is a high alcohol brew which came in an appropriate smaller glass. Along with a glass of  water for more liquid (I was driving), the Sacre Bleu proved to be a perfect complement to the savory pizza. Instead of quaffing, I instead ate and sipped, partaking the pleasant drink that was sweet, thick, and robust. Talking with the bartender, I also mentioned my time in Arizona drinking strong stouts that were seasoned in recycled whiskey barrels. The bartender smiled knowingly and said that they do the same. Unfortunately, the DM stout was not in season.


Sacre Bleu!


My wife had the Turkey and Tillamook Cheddar sandwich, along with the India Red Ale. Both looked tempting, but I tried neither.



Sunday - Thursday
11:30am - 10pm
Friday - Saturday
11:30am - 11pm




8 Fourth Street
Hood River, OR 97031

541-387-0042


http://www.doublemountainbrewery.com

No comments: