> Brewpub Grub: Baked Tilapia, Brewzzi Bistro and Microbrewery, Boca Raton FL

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baked Tilapia, Brewzzi Bistro and Microbrewery, Boca Raton FL

I was in Boca Raton visiting family and I decided I wanted to try this South Florida brewpub. Since I wasn't very hungry, but still wanted a good, light, yet tasty meal, I decided to try Brewzzi, I settled on the baked tilapia.


Baked Tilapia
And the tilapia was delightful. Sprinkling a bit of lemon juice on the tilapia, the fish separated beautifully, with the meat moist on the inside and a coating of crispy Italian bread crumbs on the outside. The tilapia came with a medley of steamed vegetables: broccoli, zucchini, and sliced carrots, along with a pasta dish of whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce. The vegetables were firm enough to make a nice complement the tilapia. Also, the entire menu at Brewzzi is trans-fat free, so eat without guilt; I never do.

For the microbrew, I had a seasonal: a refreshing, light German pilsner. I’m always happy when the wait staff can talk knowledgeably about microbrew. My waiter suggested the pilsner. We had a serious-microbrew-drinkers chat. And he was right. The brew was clean and crisp, with a happy, hoppy twist. It arrived as a pale, golden, luscious body.  German pilsners are always a good choice: they are light enough to drink to not become bloated, but have the body and taste to satisfy the palate. For sunny Florida, a light pilsner is always a good choice. If the seasonal pilsner is not available, try the Boca Blond, a light lager that would also go well the tilapia.


Brewzzi Bistro and Microbrewery
Glades Plaza
2222 Glades Road
Boca Raton. FL 33431
561.392.BREW

No comments: