> Brewpub Grub: Slow Oven Roasted Chicken, Big Bear Brewing Co., Coral Springs, FL

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Slow Oven Roasted Chicken, Big Bear Brewing Co., Coral Springs, FL

Sitting down in the outdoor patio in Big Bear Brewing in Southern Florida, I determined that I was hungry. Looking at the tempting menu, my eyes settled on one of the Local Favorites:  Slow Oven Roasted Free Range Chicken.  And so I ordered.


Slow Oven Roasted Chicken

What you get is a big piece of very delicious roasted chicken, Caribbean influence black beans, and rice. The secret of this meal is the chicken and the broth that it is served in: Dipping the chicken-with herb and salt encrusted skin-into the broth gives you a moist, succulent mouthful of flavors. Tearing off a piece of white meat chicken, and stirring it in the brothy sauce in the serving dish, the chicken proved to be a marvelous mouthful.

And then I tried the black beans. My eyes opened wide to the tasty beans. Yes, the beans were a meal by themselves. Tasty, vibrant, and endearing, the black beans made the lunch. I told the waiter as he was passing the table, that the beans were the best part of the meal; he looked confused. The beans had an almost smoky, barbeque flavor to the taste. The informative waiter told me that the chef makes the beans with cocoa, which gives the beans an almost mole texture to the taste buds.

For the beer, I asked for the 2002 Great American Beer Festival Gold Medal winner: the Kodiak Belgian Dubbel. The Belgian is an easy ale to drink, a fruity and aromatic brew of malt and spices. This beer is a full bodied ale, rich with the double malt in the mash. After finishing the Belgian, I usually ask for a different style. But this time I went with the same. With an empty glass, I petitioned for another. Two Belgians with today’s lunch. 


Monday-Thursday
11:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
11:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Sunday
11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday Brunch
11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m



1800 University Drive
Coral Springs, FL  33071
954-341-5545



http://www.bigbearbrewingco.com/

No comments: