> Brewpub Grub: Pint of Stout Float, Mountain State Brewing Co., Morgantown, WV

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pint of Stout Float, Mountain State Brewing Co., Morgantown, WV

I dropped in for a quick dessert on this hot and steamy West Virginia day. I chose the refreshing Stout Float for my afternoon libation.
Stout Float
Sitting in the outdoor patio by the Monongahela River, I eye my drink. This sinfully (or heavenly) concoction is made with MSBC's Miner's Daughter Oatmeal stout,  blackberry brandy and a large scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream. Creamy from the ice cream and a different creamy from the stout, the float sipped and slurped down like a good float should. You drink this pint with a straw and follow with a spoon, just like when you were a kid. To taste, the stout gave the float a unique malty sweetness along with a slight hoppy aftertaste. Refreshing and satisfying for a summer afternoon in West Virginia.

I usually review pub food where the beer is brewed on premises. I made an exception with Mountain States Brewing. The beers offered by MSBC are brewed in Thomas, WV.



Mountain State Brewing
Monday - Wednesday:11am - 10pm
Thursday - Saturday: 11am - 11pm
Sunday: 11am-9pm
Monday - Wednesday 11am - 1
54 Clay St  Morgantown, WV 26505

304-241-1976

http://mountainstatebrewing.com/

No comments: