> Brewpub Grub: Elk Burger, Verde Brewing Co., Camp Verde, AZ

Monday, November 14, 2016

Elk Burger, Verde Brewing Co., Camp Verde, AZ

After a visit to the native Sinagua cliff dwellings at Montezuma Castle in Camp Verde, Arizona, we stopped off at Verde Brewing Company for a brewpub grub lunch and thirst quenching. I ordered the provocative Elk Burger and stout.

The elk burger is generous serving of ground elk topped with sautéed mushroom, a port wine derby cheese, and fried onions. For my side, I had coleslaw.
Elk Burger

The elk burger was lean, tasty, and not gamey. The sautéed mushroom and crispy fried onions were a perfect condiments to the elk burger. The melted derby cheese gave the burger a unique cheese burger experience, and is always appreciated. And since the elk was so lean, the burger was plenty substantial for two hungry tourists. 

The pineapple coleslaw was absolutely delicious. I could just spend my time eating the coleslaw along with onion rings and drinking beer to while away an Arizona afternoon. However, desert interfered with my plan.
Milk Chocolate Cheesecake
For desert, I rewarded myself with the Milk Chocolate Cheesecake. This magnificent concoction of chocolate cheesecake topped with a creamy white chocolate ganache and strawberries, all on a chewy Graham cracker crust delivered. The small serving was rich enough for two without the guilt for eating such a sinful delight.

I chose the Honey Pot stout for my Verde Brewing experience. Not the most appealing nomenclature, the beer, however, was a perfect choice for the cheese cake. The stout had a pleasant taste of soft malt that accentuated the richness of the cheesecake. If you deserve a richly rewarded dessert, and you do, ask for the chocolate cheesecake and the stout.

Verde Brewing is a Farm-to-Mug brewpub, incorporating local produce. I know that my elk burger was local because I heard elk bugling their love songs in the forest behind my host's house.

Sunday-Thursday: 11am-9pm
Friday-Saturday: 11am-10pm

325 South Main St.
Camp Verde, AZ

928-567-7033





No comments: