> Brewpub Grub: Oysters and Chips, McMenamins Spar Cafe, Olympia, WA

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Oysters and Chips, McMenamins Spar Cafe, Olympia, WA

Whenever I find myself in the pleasant town of Olympia, I always try to make a stop at McMenamins Spar Cafe. This long time Olympia eating establishment is a tradition for a rewarding stopover on a Seattle to Vancouver drive.
Oysters and Fries
I chose the Oysters and Chips for a seafood experience. The oysters came with fries, coleslaw and tartar sauce. Soft and succulent on the inside, the panko encrusted oysters are deep fried, giving the oysters a welcome crunch when biting into them. I could just eat the oysters all day if given the opportunity, they were that tasty.

The buttermilk coleslaw was really good as was the dipping sauce, although I preferred to eat most of the oysters straight. McMenamins provided locally made Portland ketchup as a table condiment. I can't resist dipping the fries into such a delicious ketchup!
For my drink, I chose McMenamins Edgefield Hard Cider. McMenamins cider is made from locally grown apples. Not too sweet, the cider drank down clean and crisp like a good cider should.  If you want a satisfying drink that is not as heavy as one of McMenamins beers, give their cider a try.

Sunday-Thursday: 7am-12 midnight 
Friday-Saturday: 7am-1am

114 4th Ave. E
Olympia, WA

360-357-6444


No comments: