> Brewpub Grub: Son of Reuben Sandwich, Pike Brewing Company, Seattle WA

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Son of Reuben Sandwich, Pike Brewing Company, Seattle WA

Finding myself at Pike Place Market on a beautiful Sunday Seattle day, I dropped by Pike Brewing Company. There I ordered the Son of Reuben sandwich. This Reuben is a full Reuben sandwich, plenty of sandwich for one person. There is a larger Reuben offered, that apparently is humongous and for two serious deli food lovers.  I ordered steak cut fries instead of the menu listed chips.

Son of Reuben

And I'm happy that  I did. The Son comes on toasted caraway rye, all natural corned beef, sauerkraut, the requisite Russian dressing and pickle, and piled high with gooey Swiss Emmenthaler cheese. Biting into sandwich, the sensation was a surprising sweet tasting experience. I mentioned the sweet taste to a passing waiter, and he told me the sauerkraut is made with apples. The salty corned beef, mild cheese, and sweet sauerkraut blended perfectly and deliciously.

I chose the seasonal Pike dry wit to drink with my Reuben. The pint came with a thin slice of orange that I squeezed into the beer. The citrusy wit along with the orange complemented the sweet sauerkraut and cut through the Emmanthaler. The salty corned beef washed down nicely with the cleansing action of the wit. Also, as an added bonus with wit beers, you can take wonderful huge quaffs of beer because of its light head and clean taste. On any sunny summer afternoon, a good wit is always an easy choice.


As the name implies, The Pike Brewing Company is located in the famous Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. It is about a 5 minute walk from the guys who throw fish around. It's a Seattle  adventure.

Open at 11am daily, M thru F
Happy Hour 4 - 6pm

206-622-6044
1415 1st Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101



No comments: