> Brewpub Grub: Mess O' Ribs, Lumberyard Brewing Co., Flagstaff, AZ

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mess O' Ribs, Lumberyard Brewing Co., Flagstaff, AZ

With Humphreys Peak in the background, I find myself In downtown Flagstaff on a cold, yet sunny day. There's snow on the ground, but I'm warm inside Lumberyard Brewing Co. checking out the pub menu. Oh yes! Mess O' Ribs. I order the 1/3 rack.


Mess O' Ribs
I ordered the 1/3 rack because I had planned on having a small dessert at Lumberyard's older sister brewpub, the Beaver Street Brewery, just down the street from Lumberyard (didn't happen, small desert, that is). The plate arrived with 5 ribs of succulent pork dripping with sauce. I chose the 'Yard' BBQ sauce and the ribs came fall-of-the-bone tender. sweet, and were absolutely delicious to the taste. The smoky Cowboy beans and buttery cornbread filled out perfectly my southwestern plate. No regrets here.


No Regrets Here
For my brew, I elected to try a pint of Lumberyard Red Ale. The Red came across a nicely malted brew with a moderate bitterness as an aftertaste. Very drinkable and satisfying, the Red went down easily with the ribs and beans. The  Lumberyard Red was a 2009 Great American Beer Festival gold winner and a 2010 World Beer Cup Silver winner. Not a bad pedigree.



The Lumberyard brewpub is located in an attractive structure built in 1890 as part of Flagstaff's Lumber Era (1887-1993). The building is part of the Historic Railroad District in Flagstaff. The brewpub is also just a few blocks from Northern Arizona University, for those over 21 who want to try a rewarding brewpub experience. Enjoy the ambience of the building, the food, and brew.


Monday-Tuesday: 11AM-11PM
Wednesday-Saturday: 11AM-2AM
Sunday: 11AM-11PM 


5 S. San Francisco St 
Flagstaff, AZ 86001
928-779.BREW(2739)


http://www.lumberyardbrewingcompany.com/

No comments: