> Brewpub Grub: Green Chili Burger, Flagstaff Brewing Co., Flagstaff, AZ

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Green Chili Burger, Flagstaff Brewing Co., Flagstaff, AZ

I get my kicks on Route 66. Also, it's a kick to find a great brewpub on the route. I'm sitting in an outside patio along the route looking at my lunch: Green Chili Burger. The Green Chili is a weighty one-half pound of meat, topped with huge chunks of melted cheddar cheese. Add roasted green chilies and sour cream and you have a kickin' burger. I chose the potato salad instead of the Belgian Style Fries for my side.
Green Chili Burger
This is a  large sandwich. I have to cut this monster into edible portions. With chunks of cheese dripping onto my plate, I bite into the burger. The cheddar is strong and mixes nicely with the drippy juices of the burger. Underneath the burger lie the roasted green chilis providing a piquant aftertaste to the mouthful of munching. The sour cream mellows out the whole endeavor. The potato salad was excellent.

I chose the Blackbird Porter for my brew. The porter drank down smooth and easy with a thought provoking smoky taste to it. The full bodied and rich porter is filling in its own right; so the pint and one-half pound burger was plenty enough for a hungry traveler. 


Also, check out the Henry Weinhard root beer six pack carton: reminds me of Beervana.

Flagstaff Brewing is located just down the street from Northern Arizona University with Mt. Humphreys in the background. And it's on Route 66.





Hours: 11am-2am Daily



Happy Hour
4:30-6:30, Monday-Friday:

on Rte 66
16 East Route 66
Flagstaff, AZ

928-773-1442


No comments: