> Brewpub Grub: Luna Weisen Fish & Chips, Elliot Bay Brewhouse & Pub, Burien, WA

Monday, November 12, 2012

Luna Weisen Fish & Chips, Elliot Bay Brewhouse & Pub, Burien, WA

Passing through Seattle, my friend Roger and I stop for a quick brewpub meal at Elliot Bay Brewhouse and Pub. And what I have in front of me is an offering of really delicious looking Fish and Chips. The plate comes with cole slaw, seasoned fries, tartar sauce, and the requisite wedge of lemon.
Fish & Chips
This is a lot of fish. What you get is one-half pound of mouth-watering Alaskan cod, crispy fried in Elliot's house tempura batter. After spritzing the lemon over the cod, I bite into the fish. Crispy-crunchy and golden on the outside, the tender fish on the inside welcomes you with succulent cod goodness. The tempura is seasoned with garlic and basil that gives the outer coating a pleasant spicy flavor that goes well with the crackle of first bite.

The fresh citrus and cilantro seasoned slaw is simply delicious. I wish Elliot's would serve the slaw in a larger bowl. And, as usual,  I never dip the fish in the tartar sauce: instead, I dip the seasoned fries into the sauce for a unique pomme frites experience.

For  my brew, I  chose the organic Hop Von Boorian. This Belgian inspired IPA is typical of the northwest style of hoppy beers, but pitched with Belgian yeasts to give the beer a unique taste. And it's filling, so after the one-half pound of fish and chips and a pint, you walk away with a full tummy. No complaints.


Elliot Bay Brewhouse & Pub
Monday-Wednesday:11am – 11pm
Thursday-Friday:11am – 12 midnight
Saturday:9:30am – 12 midnight
Sunday:9:30am – 10pm
Happy Hours:
Daily: 3pm – 6pm and 10pm-close 
Sunday9pm – close
255 SW 152nd St.
Burien, WA


206-246-4211


website



No comments: