> Brewpub Grub: Beachtown Scramble, Pacific Beach Ale House, San Diego, CA

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Beachtown Scramble, Pacific Beach Ale House, San Diego, CA

Breakfast on the beach. I'm hungry and I'm staring at a plate of Beachtown Scramble. This plate is a happy breakfast creation of grilled chicken, bacon, spinach, jack cheese and topped with avocado and pico  de gallo. A side of fresh fruit, a glass of brew, and a walk on the beach completes the morning ritual. 
Beachtown Scramble
This was a civilized way to start breakfast and the morning. Not too heavy, the scramble was just right. The chicken and house made bacon provided a nice heft to the fluffy eggs, tasty and crunchy. I've always liked dark greens in my scrambles, and the tasty spinach did not disappoint. And the tangy pico de gallo gave the scramble a zesty SoCal feel to this December morning. In all, a real good breakfast.  

For my morning brew, I chose a 10 ounce serving of Whitewash Wheat. Pale in color, I threw in the orange slice and sipped my way through breakfast. The wheat drank down light and refreshing, an easy beer to drink with the scramble.

The friendly staff at the  Ale House made me feel welcome. I sat outside on the patio for some good people and pooch watching. One block from the beach, it is a convenient walk for post breakfast exercise: not a bad way to start the weekend.

Pacific Beach Ale House


Monday - Friday: 11am - 2am 
Saturday - Sunday: 9am - 2am 

Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 3pm - 6pm 


721 Grand Avenue  San Diego, CA 
858-581-2337

website

No comments: